Back by popular demand, Straz LIVE! in the Park features a lively concert of familiar arias sung by our very own Opera Tampa Singers and favorite tunes from WICKED performed by visiting Broadway artists. For many in the community, this is their introduction to opera. For others it is a joyful reunion with operatic gems and Broadway favorites known the world over. Bring your picnic lunch and enjoy a delightful afternoon of beautiful music. Food trucks and award-winning local visual artists, with items for purchase, will add to the festivities.
Table registration/decoration begins: 1PM
Table judging begins: 2:45P (winner announced at intermission)
Concert begins: 3PM / Concert ends: 5PM
Be comfortable, cozy and ensure a ring-side seat with a Picnic Table Package.
• The package includes a 60-inch round table, black tablecover and 8 chairs. It is available to rent for just $125.
• Pre-order your Picnic Table Package at the Straz Center Ticket Sales Office window, call 813.229.STAR (7827) or order online.
• Picnic Table Packages are rentable beginning now through Thursday, Oct. 27, at 8 p.m. while supplies last.
• Your table, table number and chairs will be located in an exclusive, reserved section in front of the stage area at Curtis Hixon Park. Exact location will be based on the date and time of the rental – first come, first served.
• Upon renting a Picnic Table Package, a table number will be assigned and posted on your table the day of the event. Your Table Host/Hostess will provide you with your table number upon arrival and check-in at Curtis Hixon Park.
• The Picnic Table Package section will be roped off and no other tables will be permitted in this reserved seating area.
Join in the fun and enter your table in the Picnic in the Park Table Decorating Contest!
• It is free to participate with a paid Picnic Table Package.
• Celebrity judges will peruse the participant’s decorated tables between 2:45 -3:30 and announce the winner at intermission at the concert.
• The judges will choose one winning table and award a special prize.
• Registration to participate in the decorating contest is requested and can be done soon at operatampa.org.
• Upon registration, contest participants will receive a welcome email with additional details.
• Get creative and just have fun!
Gasparilla Festival of the Arts
Opera Tampa is thrilled to be working again with the Gasparilla Festival of the Arts. In addition to assisting with event logistics, the Gasparilla Festival of the Arts host award-winning local chalk artists who will create their art on site throughout the event.
A Season of Thanks and Giving
We are proud to welcome the participation of Metropolitan Ministries. When individuals and families in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco and Polk Counties need help, they turn to Metropolitan Ministries where they find compassion, hope, and answers to their specific situations. If you would like to make a cash donation or contribute healthy, non-perishable food items, they will be accepted at the Metropolitan Ministries’ information table.